How to Apply

To declare the Minor, students must complete the Minor Designation form found on the Registrar’s page under Forms.  Have your advisor sign and then forward to one of the Energy Minor Directors: Dr. Kathleen Hancock ( or Dr. Tim Ohno (  Forms should be completed and submitted at least a semester before graduation.

Enrollments in the Energy Minor and ASI are approved by a co-director.   Advising can be provided by an Energy Program-affiliated faculty member or a co-director. The Energy Minor and ASI programs are available to any full-time undergraduate student enrolled at the Colorado School of Mines. Students interested in pursuing an Energy Minor or ASI should contact the director of the Energy Program. In order to complete all requirements on a timely basis, Energy Minor students should enroll during the sophomore year and register for ENGY200, Introduction to Energy.  Many of the courses are designed to have minimal pre-requisites, and can even be taken by freshman students with transfer credits.